Why Certified isn’t just a “buzz” word at Ford?
This is our first post in a series of 5 to provide you with a closer look at the Ford Certified PreOwned program here at Academy Ford. At Ford, certified isn’t just a “buzz” word, when we say certified we mean it. In order for a vehicle to be Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) through Ford it must go through a 172-point inspection by factory trained technicians. “What is a factory trained technician?” you ask…They are one of our trained professionals that have earned an associate’s degree through a 24 month program including: lectures, shop work, and internships.
5 Key Points to CPO
1. Vehicle History Report
To even be considered for certification, each Ford must be less than 6 model years old and have fewer than 80,000 miles on the odometer. After a vehicle has been determined as eligible in terms of age and mileage, an independent third-party vehicle history report is run to identify any vehicle that does not meet our strict standards. The report is run as a part of our 172-point inspection process, and it includes checks for:
- Flood vehicles
- Fire damage
- Frame damage
- Salvage vehicles
- Branded title
- Odometer issues
- Accident history
- Vehicle title history
The 172-point inspection includes:
- Vehicle History
- Road Test
- Hybrid (if applicable)
The list goes on forever. To see everything go here.
Any item(s) that does not pass the 172-point inspection are replaced or repaired to “like new” standards.
3. Comprehensive Warranty
12 months/12,000 miles*
The warranty covers more than 500 components, including many high-tech parts. Areas of coverage include:
- Rear-wheel drive
- Front-wheel drive
- Front and rear suspension
- Air conditioning and heating
- Ford audio
4. Powertrain Warranty
7 years/100,000 miles*
Areas of coverage include the engine, transmission and more.
Our manufacturer-backed limited warranty is fully transferable to future owners at no cost, a resale benefit that can be transferred from owner to owner.
5. 24/7 roadside assistance
Included for the duration of the powertrain limited warranty coverage.
Complimentary roadside assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Customers may dial (800) 241-3673. Available services include:
- Towing assistance of up to $100 for warranty and non-warranty problems, including accidents (excludes impound and repossession)
- Travel expense reimbursement of up to $500, for up to 3 days lodging, meals and rental vehicle for travel expenses accrued when the breakdown occurs more than 100 miles from home
- Destination expense assistance of up to $75 for emergency transportation to the immediate destination
- Rental car reimbursement of up to $30 per day for up to 5 days
- Fuel delivery if the vehicle runs out of fuel — up to 2 gallons at no charge
- Flat-tire changes on site
- Jump starts for dead batteries
- Lockout assistance of up to $50 to unlock vehicle doors
- Service throughout the 50 United States and Canada
It doesn’t take long for non-covered repairs and other expenses to eat away whatever money you saved when you just buy any used car. When it comes to long-term total cost of ownership, Ford CPO vehicles might well end up costing you less. Maybe a lot less. And it’s hard to put a price on the peace of mind that comes with driving a vehicle inspected and backed by Ford.
Academy Ford is one of the top CPO dealers in the entire region. Please give Mark or Malcolm a call if you have any questions. (301)419-2700.Information provided by Ford.com *Call us to learn more about the limited warranty coverage details