Happy Father’s Day from Academy Ford!
On July 19, 1910, the governor of the U.S. state of Washington proclaimed the nation’s first “Father’s Day.” However, it was not until 1972 that the day became a nationwide holiday in the United States. In the middle of a hard-fought presidential re-election campaign, Richard Nixon signed a proclamation making Father’s Day a federal holiday.
We know that our Academy Ford family fathers deserve to be celebrated. So, we created a list of a few things you can do to make sure Dad know how much you appreciate him:
- Let the man sleep in: start off the holiday right and let Dad sleep in. There are so many hardworking fathers out there that could use a little extra shut eye and what better day than today to let him get some extra sleep.
- Take something off his plate: pick up some of Dad’s usual responsibilities to make his day a little more relaxing. You could take the trash out, mow the lawn, bring his vehicle to Academy Ford for maintenance , whatever needs to get accomplished this weekend.
- Make him a meal: whatever meal is his favorite. There are a lot of Dads out there that love “breakfast” AKA any excuse to consume lots of bacon, but if dinner is more his speed fire up the grill and throw on some steaks and let Dad take the night off.
- Show your appreciation: whether you do that with a gift, a card, or just telling him how much he means to you and how grateful you are to have him in your life, just make sure you take the opportunity to do so.
- Make memories: take him to a ball game, have a family picnic, begin a car project, or just enjoy getting the family together to celebrate Dad!