Beat the Heat In And Around Laurel
Don’t let the summer pass you by, make sure you take some time for fun in the sun! Our area is blessed with a lot of exciting opportunities for summertime shenanigans. We have rounded up some of the best options around:
1. Get Wet N’ Wild: Check out the areas waterparks!
- Chesapeake Beach Waterpark- offers 8 water slides, fountains, waterfalls, a lagoon, a kids activity pool & more.
- Six Flags America- Hurricane Harbor is the waterpark within SixFlags which, hosts Hurricane Bay one of the world’s largest wave pools. The park also features a lazy river and the Tornado, a crazy wet funnel ride.
- Great Waves Waterpark- speed slides, tube slides, and a massive wave pool make up the waterpark. There is also a Kids Zone, which features a rock slide and lagoon, Minnow Bay waterfalls, and a giant splash pad.
2. Host a Backyard BBQ: Summer isn’t complete without a BBQ Bash in the backyard, but it doesn’t just stop at hot dogs and hamburgers take it a step further to beat the heat. Round up your friends for some water antics including:
- Get a Slip N’ Slide train going, it’s not just for kids anymore.
- Prepare for Battle, a water balloon battle that is..
- Fill up all of the Water Guns you Got
- And make sure you have plenty of ice cold beverages
3. Have Some Fun in the Sun: Grab a concert at the Merriweather Post Pavilion. Check out the schedule here.
- Merriweather Post Pavilion is one of the most beautiful and storied amphitheaters around! It is nestled in 40 acres of forest, Symphony Woods, right between Washington, DC and Baltimore in nearby Columbia, MD.
What else is going on around town? Let us know what you plans are for the little bit of summer we have left in the comments section below.