How To Honor the 100th Anniversary of the Titanic’s Sinking
If the 1998 film hysteria around the epic disaster wasn’t enough to feed America’s fascination or you could even go so far as to say obsession with the Titanic, the 100th Anniversary events might be.
We looked through countless events and dialed down the options to the Top 5 ways to honor the centennial of the Titanic’s doomed maiden voyage.
1. Have a Titanic Themed Dinner Party Tonight- serve something similar to the below First-Class Menu from that fateful night.
National Geographic Museum
March 29th – July 8th
Children 5-12 $4
3. Visit the National Archives for the Titanic Featured Document Display
- Highlights records for the National Archives Northeast Region
- Includes case files of a limitation of liability suit brought by the ship’s owners 3 years after it sank.
4. Follow @TitanicRealTime: they started tweeting April 10th about setting sail and will continuing tweeting until the action filled updates from the encounter with the iceberg
5. Go See the Movie: It’s in 3D, it’s the 100th anniversary, why not? Here are local showtimes.