OUR FIRST LOOK: 2013 FORD ESCAPE
Drumroll please…. The much anticipated 2013 Ford Escape is here!! Let’s take a closer look at the many updates of this new model year.
2013 Ford Escape Updates
There are obviously major cosmetic changes to the new model year. The new body style reflects the change from, “a quintessentially American design in favor of a look that’s sleek, stylish and downright European. The reasons for the dramatic change are many and include everything from Ford’s new design philosophy to a larger plan to build cars globally,” according to autoguide.com.
Some additional key changes to take note of include the three four-cylinder engines that are now available, and each comes connected to a conventional six-speed automatic. There is no longer a manual offered, nor is there a hybrid version. Cabin materials have also been updated and now look and feel expensive. The cargo area has been increased slightly as well to 34.3 cubic feet behind the second row and 68.1 with the seats folded. We are big fans of the ALL new Escape and believe that Ford has created a more sophisticated and refined vehicle with this new model year.
Now for a look at some of the new standard features we would like to highlight for you:
*Image from cars.com. New color options highlighted
- White Platinum Tricoat
- Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
- Kodiak Brown Metallic
- Ginger Ale Metallic
- Frosted Glass Metallic
- Deep Impact Blue
- Cargo Floor Hooks: The 2013 Ford Escape gets a new standard feature to secure loads safely when the Escape is moving. Keep in mind of the load limits when packing up the hatch. It is 827 lbs on the 2013 Escape.
- Grab Handles
- MIC Hand Brake Lever
- Steering Wheel
- Speed Control (Cruise Control)
- Urethane- protects the steering wheel from temperature changes so, you don’t burn your hands on hot days in the summer.
- Manual Tilt & Telescoping- customers like you let Ford know what they wanted and Ford delivers with this new standard feature making it easier to find a comfortable driving position.
- Redundant Audio Controls
Safety & Security
- Dual-Stage Driver and Front Passenger
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Safety Canopy- a rollover curtain airbag system now a standard feature!
- Side Airbags
- “Smart” Occupant Sensing Airbags
- Belt Minder- a front safety belt usage sensor that will illuminate a red light on the dash and chime to remind customers to use their safety belt.
- Rear Stabilizer Bar
- Seat Belt Pretensioners- tightens the belt in the first milliseconds of an accident to better keep the occupant in position, making it less likely to strike interior surfaces such as the roof or steering wheel.
- AM/FM Stereo/Single CD/MPS Capable
- 6 Speakers
- Auxiliary Audio Input Jack
- Auto Volume Control
- Body-Colored Rear Spoiler
- Door Handles- MIC Black
- Halogen Headlamps
- 17” Steel Wheel & Cover
- Spare Tire, Mini Space Saver
- Wheel Nut Wrench and Jack
Academy Ford’s Favorite Features:
#1 New Body Style- Elegant & Modern
#2 Augmented Standard Security Features to Better Protect Our Customers
#3 Additional Cargo Volume and Better Usage of it with Clever Spaces.
Check out this video illustrating the clever spaces:
Submit any questions in the comments section below or if you would like to reach out to one of our Product Knowledge Specialists please contact us directly at (301)419-2700.