6 Quick Tips for When You Get Caught in a Snowstorm
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT IN A SNOWSTORM
In an effort to keep our customers at the top of their driving game this winter we have talked about how to prevent and combat skidding on icy roads and today we look at another dangerous winter-driving scenario: getting caught in a snowstorm. So we have put together a list of a few quick tips to help you.
6 Quick Tips if You’re Stuck in the Snow
1. Do not spin your wheels. This will only dig you in deeper.
2. Turn your wheels from side to side a few times to push snow out of the way.
3. Use a light touch on the gas, to ease your car out.
4. Use a shovel to clear snow away from the wheels and the underside of the car.
5. Pour sand, kitty litter, gravel or salt in the path of the wheels, to help get traction.
6. Try rocking the vehicle. (Check your owner’s manual first — it can damage the transmission on some vehicles.) Shift from forward to reverse, and back again. Each time you’re in gear, give a light touch on the gas until the vehicle gets going.
If these quick tips do not work, your vehicle maybe stranded…stay tuned next week we will outline a few safety tips to keep you safe if stranded.
Any Questions? Leave them in the comments section below.