Ford Technology: Part I
This month we are going to be talking about auto technology, which in our humble opinion Ford just so happens to be at the forefront of. You might be surprised by just how many features are available on Ford vehicles. Let us show you how Ford provides you with a more convenient and enjoyable driving experience:
- SYNC: Ford’s own vehicle connectivity system. This system comes in numerous variations to fit your lifestyle. We will be explaining those options next week in an upcoming post all about SYNC. In the meantime you can also check out our past blog series, SYNC Secrets.
- Intelligent Access with Push-button Start: Do you hate having to fumble with your car keys when you get in your car? There is no need to when you use Intelligent Access with Push-button Start, your keys will open the door and start the car, as long as you have the Intelligent Access key on you.
- Hands-free Liftgate: also made possible with the Intelligent Access key, all you have to do is kick your foot under the bumper. You hands may always be full but, your feet are always free. This feature is a favorite for running errands, grocery store trips, and so much more…
- SecuriCode Keyless Entry: if you have every locked your keys in your car, you would definitely appreciate this feature which allows you to open the car door by simply entering the programmed five-digit code into the driver’s side keypad.
- Easy Fuel: A capless fuel filler eliminating the need for a screw cap. It has an integrated spring-loaded door that allows you to simply insert the fuel nozzle into the tank to fill up, and it automatically seals after the fuel nozzle is removed.
- Multicontour Seats: reduce muscle-fatigue in your legs and lower back while you drive by giving you a subtle rolling-pattern massage that changes the contour of the seat back and seat bottom. You can even customize the seven air chambers in the seat for added comfort. Who says long road trips can’t be comfortable?
- Ambient lighting: Technology can also make your car more stylish! Mood lighting doesn’t have to be reserved for just your home anymore. Offered on numerous models, this feature allows you to set the brightness and color of interior lighting. And on the 2014 Mustang, MyColor allows you to choose from 125 cool colors to illuminate the gauge cluster background and the cluster “halo” lighting.
To learn more about these technologies and to find out which vehicle models they are available on go here.
Which of these technologies do you like or think you would like the best? Let us know in the comments section below.
And look for Part II on Monday to learn about fuel-efficient Ford technologies!