Ford Technology: Part III
Want to be a better, safer driver? We have some tech for that!
- Rear View Camera, There is no doubt that parking can be a nightmare. We all know that! Luckily, Ford has developed various technologies to make parking safer and easier. The Rear View Camera is available on numerous models helps you to navigate backing up with confidence. It displays a wide-angle video image showing the vehicle’s projected path in either the rear view mirror or on the center stack display.
- BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert, visually and audible alerts you of any approaching vehicles that are in a blind-spot zone while you are backing up your vehicle.
- Active Park Assist, Parallel parking, the most daunting parking predicament you can find yourself in, right? Not anymore Active Park Assist searches for available parking spaces and then virtually parallel parks the vehicle. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
- MyKey If you are looking for the right car for your teenager, consider one with this feature. It allows you to place limits on speed and maximum volume of the audio system. Also, a warning will continue to chime and the audio system volume will remain muted until the safety belts are buckled. The low fuel light comes on sooner as well.
- Adaptive Cruise Control allows you to select a cruising speed and the distance you want to maintain from the vehicle in front of you, and when it detects traffic slowing down, your vehicle will automatically slow to maintain the distance you set, and resume at the pre-set speed when traffic clears. ACC also comes with Collision Warning with Brake Support, wish alerts you if it senses a potential collision with the vehicle in front of you. If you don’t react, the brakes will pre-charge and increase brake assist sensitivity, so as to provide full responsiveness when you do brake.
Check out http://www.ford.com/technology/ to learn more about these technologies and to find out which vehicle models they are available on.
Which of these technologies do you like or think you would like the best? Let us know in the comments section below.